Learn how innovation in fast-moving areas of information technology such as Big Data, analytics, IT/OT convergence, and mobility can help the upstream oil and gas industry address business and technical challenges posed by increasingly remote operations, complex geology, rising capital expenses, and larger capital projects.Warren Wilson
Ovum Practice Leader
Our Oil & Gas research enables you to:
- Assess the opportunity:
ICT Spending Forecast – A five-year view on growth in the upstream oil & gas market, segmented by technology source and geography, and updated annually.
Trends to Watch – Signature reports highlighting the key predictions and trends in upstream oil & gas for the year ahead.
Strategic Focus reports – Comprehensive and business-focussed analysis of the critical issues impacting technology development and investment in the upstream oil & gas industry.
- Target the market:
Ovum Decision Matrix – These reports provide a detailed and comprehensive benchmark of the key product and service vendors in a particular area of the upstream oil & gas market. Coverage includes professional services companies working in this sector.
ICT Enterprise Insights – Upstream Oil & Gas – An interactive tool for assessing ICT investment patterns in the upstream oil & gas industry globally, with the ability to segment by geography, company type, and solution area.
Innovation case studies – Recommendations, best practice, and advice based on the experiences of organizations using technology to solve business challenges.
- Compete to win business:
ICT Sales Prospector* – Helps vendor sales teams to assess industry revenue potential, and quickly create targeted lists with detailed company information.
*available separately – see Data Tools
- Modernizing the IT platform in upstream oil & gas: Exploration and production companies routinely tap space-age technologies to find and extract oil and gas, but many continue to use stone-age IT that causes nformation disconnects, delays, and bad decisions. Ovum’s upstream research explains how producers can exploit IT innovation to
integrate operations and business information, streamline core processes, and improve the pace and quality of
- Exploiting data for new insights in upstream oil & gas: Oil and gas producers have more data than ever about exploration, development, production, and market conditions, and more choice than ever about which vendors can best help them put all that data to use. This theme helps producers assess which tools and providers can deliver the most value, and helps solution providers tailor their offerings and messages for maximum market impact.
- Business technology innovation in upstream oil & gas: As upstream oil & gas operations become increasingly dependent on modern ICT systems, this theme looks at examples of innovation within the industry, including case studies that examine how oil & gas companies are using technology to solve business challenges. We also profile emerging technology vendors in the oil & gas market through our ‘On the Radar’ series of assessments.
- Enhanced Technology Spending forecasts.
- Upstream Oil & Gas Software Contracts Tracker.