Healthcare organizations will spend more money and time on health information management as they increasingly outsource IT infrastructure and services.Chris Pennell
Ovum Practice Leader
What are the big challenges for 2016?
Healthcare organizations are increasing investment in information-management related technology and services, such as analytics, big data, content management and archiving. At the healthcare system level, investment and work around information-sharing will continue apace as will targeted funding and projects for expanding IT innovation.
There will also be increased activity around the patient data triple challenge – security, privacy and consent management – in part due to more rigorous regulation and fines. Healthcare organizations are under increasing pressure to virtualize/outsource more commodity IT infrastructure and services, but need more support and convincing arguments from vendors.
Our Health Technology research enables you to:
- Understand how healthcare transformation is shaping IT strategy, investment and implementation
- Assess how healthcare organisations can maximise the benefits of technology innovation in areas ranging from analytics to IT infrastructure modernisation
- Evaluate the challenges and opportunities for IT adoption in complex aspects of healthcare development.
Assess the opportunity
- ICT Spending Forecast. A five-year view on growth in the healthcare market, segmented by technology source and geography, and updated annually
- Trends to Watch. Signature reports highlighting the key predictions and trends in healthcare technology for the year ahead
- Strategic Focus reports. Comprehensive and business-focussed analysis of the critical issues impacting technology development and investment in the healthcare industry.
Target the market
- Ovum Decision Matrix. These reports provide a detailed and comprehensive benchmark of the key product and service vendors in a particular area of the healthcare market.
- ICT Enterprise Insights – Healthcare. An interactive tool for assessing ICT investment patterns in the healthcare industry globally, with the ability to segment by geography, company type, and solution area
- Innovation case studies. Recommendations, best practice, and advice based on the experiences of organizations using technology to solve business challenges.
Compete to win business
- ICT Sales Prospector. Helps vendor sales teams to assess industry revenue potential, and quickly create targeted lists of companies with detailed information from a database of over 800,000 organizations.
- Doing more with less: the case for IT infrastructure modernization in healthcareIt’s impossible for healthcare organizations to address the multiple IT and informatics challenges on their own. Yet many are far behind other industries in exploiting various forms of IT modernization ranging from outsourcing, managed services and cloud. There are multiple ways to modernize IT and benefit from reduced costs and improved performance. It’s time to speed up adoption.
- Big data and precision medicine: detecting the signal from the noiseHealthcare is entering the era of precision medicine, where the latest medical knowledge is combined with patient data, including genomic attributes, to tailor drugs and treatment for the best care. Multiple challenges abound. These range from the development of viable collaboration models between life sciences and healthcare, to funding and selecting the requisite big data technology and finding the right skills. What are the viable paths to success amidst the big data and big medicine hype?
- Patient engagement and patient empowerment: getting the basics rightMany healthcare organizations – from providers to payers – are only just embarking on more patient-centric care. Developing effective PRM (patient relationship management) strategies and programs is hard work. It means incorporating patient medical records in a meaningful way, simplifying what remain highly complex and disjointed interaction points and engaging patients much more in their care. What kind of approaches and platforms/technology routes should healthcare organizations engage in?
- New series of healthcare case studies
- Improved healthcare ICT market forecast. including all IT and telecoms spending across general and clinical software, hardware and services domains