Ovum’s Telecoms Customer Insights survey program provides a robust, and cost-effective set of tools for telecoms decision-makers to discover, understand, and act on changing customer attitudes across both consumer and enterprise markets.
Rapid change in customer behaviour is here to stay. The pace of change in converging communications, media, and technology markets remains relentless. Users, both as consumers and employees, are constantly making decisions on an enormous array of new technologies and services.
Ovum’s Telecoms Customer insights program enables service providers and technology vendors detect and address changes in user behaviour, requirements and perception. This insight is crucial in identifying opportunities, validating product strategies, refining marketing messages and understanding adoption by segment.
A unique approach to understanding customer changes
Ovum Telecoms Customer Insights is founded on two large, globally representative consumer and enterprise surveys covering 15 core countries with 15,000 consumer respondents and 2,700 enterprises. Each survey focusses on 6 core strategic topics carefully designed to target key points of disruption in digital consumer and enterprise engagement with ICT services and suppliers.
Detect changes in digital consumer behaviour
The Telecoms Customer Insights – Digital Consumer program offers insights into:
- Broadband connectivity – Uptake of faster broadband, data allowances and multi-play bundling
- Smart devices – Demand for device types and features smartphones, tablets, smart TVs, and wearables.
- TV & video – Which new and existing TV and video services are capturing consumer attention
- Digital media – Use and spend on music, games, books and other infotainment content across multiple devices.
- Digital commerce – Adoption and attitudes new ways to pay for goods online and in the real world
- Disruptive communications – The use and impact of social media and OTT communications
React to shifts in enterprise spend
The Telecoms Customer Insights – Enterprise program offers insights into:
- Mobility & M2M – ICT decision maker mobility priorities, adoption of mobile applications, BYOD and M2M plans.
- Cloud and data centre – Adoption of cloud infrastructure and applications, cloud vendor preferences and sourcing criteria.
- Unified communications – Use, future plans and delivery methods of UC applications, with a focus on video communications.
- Connectivity – VPN and access technologies in use and/or planned, WAN provider loyalty and drivers for churn.
- Sourcing, budgets and decision-making – ICT decision maker strategic sourcing priorities, influencers in decision making and planned budget changes.
- Customer service – Perceptions of service provider service levels.
Survey findings are delivered both in Excel and easy to use online data dashboards which enable you to quickly filter results, isolate the segments of interest and turn results into insight with powerful charting functionality.
Why Choose Ovum’s Telecoms Customer Insights?
Benefit from expert led insight
Ovum’s Telecoms Customer Insights programme benefits from Ovum’s unique position as a leading telecoms, media and entertainment research provider and survey data expertise.
Ovum’s depth of expert market knowledge is channelled in every step of the design, execution, and delivery:
Gain a complete view of the customer engagement lifecycle
Each topic addressed by the Telecoms Customer Insights program is addressed by a carefully designed set of questions that examine actions and perceptions in four areas which represent the complete customer engagement lifecycle:
- Service adoption and use: User adoption and usage dynamics
- Buying dynamics: Purchase behaviour, workflow and frequency
- Provider perception: Provider sentiment and drivers of churn/adoption
- Future Intentions: Likely future adoption and spending intentions
This unique approach provides balanced results which yield powerful insights into users’ plans, perceptions, and likely next steps.
A flexible blend of research and customised insight
Ovum’s Telecoms Customer Insights program enables you to combine and customise deliverables to better match your business requirements.
A range of flexible options allows you to select the most appropriate Customer Insights package for your needs. You can choose to purchase survey analysis tools or combine them with detailed Ovum analysis of the geography, topic or segment addressed. Ovum can also deliver custom workshops that combine survey data with our local market expertise.
Find out how Ovum Customer Insights can help you
Contact us now to discover how we can help you leverage telecoms customer to provide actionable advice.
Head of Program
Director, Customer Insights
Angel Dobardziev is a Director, Customer Insights, managing Ovum’s research on Emerging Telecoms Markets. In this role Angel leads Ovum’s research on technologies, services, and operator and vendor strategies in the fast-growing telecoms markets of the emerging economies.
Download sample findings from the Enterprise and Consumer surveys below: