- To all new and regular followers - Thank you for following us! View our latest analyst opinions here http://t.co/b2xUc8CmN802 Jul 2015 17:35:33
Authoritative, practical expertise for your project
Ovum’s telecoms and media consultancy combines longstanding industry expertise with local market knowledge and data, allowing us to assist our clients with practical support and actionable strategy.
We have experience working across all parts of the telecoms value chain in both developed and developing markets providing consulting advice on regulatory, technical, market and competitive issues and driving product and go-to-market initiatives.
Operational Transformation: creating a more agile service provider
A global network equipment provider needed to establish a strategic roadmap so as to become a trusted Communication Service Provider (CSP) partner:
- Analyse and articulate how transformation can help CSPs improve operational efficiencies, enhance customer experience and develop new business models (cloud, M2M, OTT partnerships)
- Highlight best practice operational transformation programmes
- Recommend how the client can support future CSP business and technology strategies.
- Global online survey and strategic interviews aimed at senior management exploring how CSPs are evolving current business models and their support requirements
- Case studies – Ovum analysts engaged with customers of client to understand the objectives and results of current transformation programmes.
Market sizing study: global market prioritization for new product development
An OTT service provider needed to understand potential market sizing of voice, video, messaging and other related communications services to support new product development.
- Inform strategy development and market planning through sizing usage and traffic by device type and user profiles
- Construct a competitive landscape via service provider market share projections
- Market model projecting users and traffic by geography, market segment and device type
- Projections based on Ovum primary and secondary research, client data, demographics and adoption curves
- PPT strategic report highlighting main sources of future growth by service type and geography – project team included experts in market modelling, specific OTT service and consumer usage in specific geographies.
CSP Customer Tracker
A global software and services vendor needed to track CSP activity to recognise the business strategies, investment plans and technology evolution of its core client base:
- Provide market intelligence to client’s regional business development teams
- Improve the sales process by arming the business development teams with insight, knowledge and understanding of specific CSP prospects in key geographies.
- Provide industry insights and KPI analysis on key target CSPs
- Provide analysis on competitor activity (identification of new customers/types of solutions, organisational developments and financial performance)
- Quarterly webinar with Ovum presenting key market trends based on CSP and competitor activity, and responding to specific queries on CSP strategy trends.