The industry’s leading analytical service
The service combines live, intelligently sourced data from leading mobile industry players with an unrivaled analyst support service. WCIS tracks global mobile subscriptions, KPIs, financial and operational indicators via an advanced online interface.
Use WCIS to track:
Historical and forecast subscriptions
Historical data and 5-year forecasts of subscriptions, market share and penetration are by geography, operator and technology
Key performance indicators
Metrics available by operator and subscription type: ARPU, churn, minutes of use, operator traffic, operator revenues, EBITDA, EBITDA margin, capex, capex per net addition, capex per subscription, opex, SAC, disconnections, gross additions.
Networks and suppliers
Data on all global in-service, discontinued and pending network deployments including: Component suppliers, technology, features, launch date, suppliers and operational status
Handsets and devices
A complete database of device specifications, features and market status, including: Manufacturer, market status, technology, features, dimensions, form factor, operating system and browser. Five-year terminal sales and market share by region, geography and technology
Ownership details including direct and indirect investments, ownership and investment status.
Country and operator profiles
Top level summary charts and tables for every global operator including: Forecast subscriptions, prepaid/postpaid split, ownership, licenses, network deployments and KPIs, summary KPIs by country
More than metrics
Analyst Support when you need it
WCIS includes an unlimited Analyst Support component to maximize the decision making value of the service. Use the support service to clarify a source of data, query our methodology or to simply get advice on how to best manipulate and extract data.
Why Choose WCIS?
WCIS provides one-click access to the most comprehensive mobile tracking tool available. Because the service is a fully relational database at its core, you can perform advanced comparative queries, build a custom research view or drill down to a specific segment.
We believe that forecasts should be prepared as part of a collaborative, integrated process involving both quantitative and qualitative analysis. Our dedicated forecasting team collaborates closely with our analysts in designing the data models and market mind-maps which support our forecasts.
Our metrics and forecasts are robust because our analysts are experienced and well connected. We continue to resist the trend to outsource data collection – the quality of our service provider relationships is just too important. Our in-market analysts are based in nine research offices enabling us to understand local market dynamics
A subscription to WCIS also includes access to the following Excel data sets:
- Subscription forecast interactive tool
- Interactive charts and tables of forecasts for mobile subscriptions, unique mobile users, prepaid and postpaid subscription forecasts and handset sales volumes
- Mobile revenue forecast
Interactive charts and tables of forecasts for revenues and ARPU, showing splits of total, voice and data
- 3G subscriptions
- Interactive charts and tables of CDMA 2000 1xEV-DO and WCDMA subscription data
- HSPA subscriptions
- Interactive charts and tables of HSPA subscriptions
- Mobile broadband pricing
- Contract and Pay-as-you-go broadband tariffs and charges including per MN
- iPhone database
- iPhone operator KPI comparisons, iPhone and iPad sales volumes, device pricing and availability and key milestones
- Connectivity Monitor: Smartphone and portable broadband
- Infrastructure vendor contracts
- Network equipment contract information
- WiMAX data
- Details of WiMAX licences, equipment contracts, deployments and subscriptions
- Base station and population coverage
- Number of basestations deployed and coverage of market population
- Global networks and suppliers export
- Full export of mobile switching centre and basestation equipment supplier information
- Spectrum holdings and licence auctions
- Frequencies licenced to network operators and licence auction details
- Mobile data deployments
- Details of deployments of GPRS, EDGE, EV-DO and HSPA equipment
- Mobile number portability
- Availability of mobile number portability and fixed to mobile number portability by market
- Device forecasts summary charts
- Interactive charts and tables of device forecasts
- Ownership and investors
- Ownership and investors information in Excel format
Additional Data Packages
WCIS is available with the following supplementary data packages:
- World Cellular Data Metrics. Tracking mobile data usage and take-up including data subscribers, deployments, revenues, mobile broadband usage and SMS/MMS traffic
- World Cellular Handset Tracker. A monitoring service for global handset availability including technology, form factor, prices and full specifications
- World Telecoms Financial Benchmarks. A service tracking detailed financial and operational KPIs for 40 of the largest global operators – covering mobile, fixed and mobile & fixed businesses.
- World Cellular Investors. Details proportionate subscription data for the world’s largest 40 mobile operating groups.