A complete broadband and multi-channel TV resource
World Broadband Information Service (WBIS) is an online database of broadband, fixed-line telephony and multichannel TV subscriber numbers from 2000 to 2011 and broadband forecasts to 2016.
Launched in 2003, WBIS combines intelligently sourced data from the leading telecoms industry players with robust forecasts and an unrivaled analyst support service.
- 209 countries (and growing)
- 1814 operators/carriers/ISPs
- Multichannel TV (IPTV, CATV, DTT, DTH) and VoIP subscribers
- PSTN, ISDN
- Incumbent DSL wholesale vs. retail and LLU
- Demographics (populations and households)
- KPIs (ARPU, market share, penetration rates)
- Quarterly totals, net additions
- More than metrics. In addition to metrics, WBIS also includes regular PPT updates reviewing global fixed broadband growth, conference presentations and webinars.
Use WBIS to track:
- Broadband historical and forecast subscription data including historical subscriptions (from end 2000), market share, net additions (growth), penetration, and five-year forecasts
- Historical subscription data including historical subscriptions (from end 2000), market share, net additions (growth), and penetration for Multichannel, Fixed Access Line and Fixed Voice
- Financials ARPU (per month), revenues, and earnings
A subscription to WBIS also includes access to the following Excel data sets:
- Conditional Access Systems (CAS) Vendors - Listing of known CAS vendor contracts
- WBIS financials – Financial data for selected broadband, cable operators and ISPs
- Households – Household data by country, sourced UN and national statistics offices
- Global broadband tariffs – Broadband tariffs in over 60 countries
- WBIS forecast summary – Interactive tool displaying latest WBIS forecast data
Analyst Support when you need it
WBIS includes an unlimited Analyst Support component to maximize the decision making value of the service. Use the support service to clarify a source of data, query our methodology or to simply get advice on how to best manipulate and extract data.
Why Choose WBIS?
WBIS provides you with one-click access to the most comprehensive broadband and TV tracking tool available. Because the service is a fully relational database at its core, you can perform advanced comparative queries, build a custom research view or drill down to a specific segment.
We believe that forecasts should be prepared as part of a collaborative, integrated process involving both quantitative and qualitative analysis. Our dedicated forecasting team collaborates closely with our analysts in designing the data models and market mind-maps which support our forecasts.
Our metrics and forecasts are robust because our analysts are experienced and well connected. We continue to resist the trend to outsource data collection – the quality of our service provider relationships is just too important. Our in-market analysts are based in nine research offices enabling us to understand local market dynamics.